Match Photo's

First Team vs Tunbridge Wells

Match Date: 01 October 2016
Score: 1-2

Match Report by Allan Hefferon 

Bearsted’s woes continued after a closely contested game, which once again they could easily have won. Indeed it took them only 4 minutes to take the lead when following some neat build up play down the right by Andy Hart and Matt Garner ended with Andy Irvine being fed in to score past the advancing Steve Lawrence. Almost immediately after came another opportunity for them to go further in front, when a high ball into the box caused problems for Lawrence, for it to drop to the feet of Garner, only for him to see his volley cleared off of the line. Soon after though, Tunbridge should have equalised when a low drive by Tom Mckeldon hit the post before rebounding into the path of Josh Biddlecombe to fire over from close range. Following this, saw the ball break up field for Peter Williams to run on before colliding with Lawrence, the result of which seeing Bradley Webb unable to capitalise from the resultant loose ball. As the game progressed so the play became more end to end, during which time home side substitute, Dale Ashman fired high over after being released for a run on goal.
After the half time break the visitors re-emerged with some positive forward play as they went in search of extending the score, but far too often they found themselves guilty of over-hitting too many balls to their front men in favour of maintaining the type of build up play that had offered so much potential earlier on. Although The Bear’s back line rode their luck at times, they were able to maintain the scoreline. Unfortunately for them though the equaliser came along after 60 minutes, when a left wing corner resulted in a goal line scramble, the result of which allowing Ashman to get his foot to the ball and tucking the ball home into the net. This goal certainly gave the home side a lift and they did not have to wait too long before going into the lead as on 75 minutes, following another close call, the ball was cleared only for it to find to find Ryan Crandley to send a dipping shot back into the net from 25 yards to win the game.
Team: S.Andrews, A.Hart , A.Foster, G.Andrews, S.Grant, S.Flisher (C.West) M.Holliday, M.Garner, P.Williams, A.Irvine, B.Webb (K.Mooney)
Subs: M.Cook, A.Bailey