Match Photo's

First Team vs Erith & Belvedere

Match Date: 05 November 2016
Score: 2-1

Match Report by Allan Hefferon 

Exchanges during the early stages saw the home side's Josh Fernandes and Aaron Laeacock looking particularly prominent in midfield. But it was following a run and cross by Josh Froggatt that the ball fell to Michael Fahm for him to send the ball wide from close range. However soon after they had to be grateful to their goalkeeper Samuel L’Anson for the score remaining level, diving high to his left to turn over a rasping shot by Sam Flisher from the edge of the area. Immediately after that though saw that same keeper making another save, but this time having to react quickly to prevent the ball crossing the line after slipping from his grasp and heading into the net. Added to which he was also called into action to deny Neil Perkins from opening the score. This privilege however fell to Belvedere’s wide man Anthony Adesite, making the most of finding himself in on goal to shoot at advancing keeper Ben Donnelly before tucking away the rebound into an empty net after 26 minutes. Soon after it was Andy Hart at the other end who was to come close to equalising, sending the ball narrowly wide of the post. However this did come in the 37th minute, when Kellan Mooney collected the ball wide on the left to send in a shot from 30 yards for it to find the top right hand corner of the net.

The restart after the break saw a lively start from Bearsted during which time they were to take the lead, when a Hart shot on goal was parried up by L’Anson the result of which allowing Andy Irvine to head the ball over the line. Following this soon after Irvine was to come close, running clear on goal before seeing his shot hit the post and going to safety. It would be fair to say that the visitors throughout most of this half were the team seemingly in control and were to see several opportunities to increase the score coming their way. However as the clock ran down so their impulse was to fall back into defence and with recent late disappointments in mind, so the situation became tense as the Deres mounted a series of attacks, notably of which coming just before the final whistle, when Bearsted had to thank their keeper Donnelly for producing a wonder save, tipping the ball over the bar to finally record the win.

Team: B. Donnelly, Hughes, G.Andrews, R.Lyall, O.Bartrum, S.Flisher, N.Perkins, S.Sage (J.Hayes) A.Hart, A.Irvine (M.Holliday) K.Mooney (M.Cook)
Subs: L. Matthews,