Match Photo's

First Team vs Crowborough Athletic

Match Date: 04 February 2017
Score: 1-2

The first half was a pretty even affair with neither side gaining any real control
Peter Williams on 15 mins caused problems for the home side but the ball never fell kindly for the visitors and the ball was hacked clear.
The Bears were defending stoutly as the home side seemed to send long balls forward and on 21 mins Bears keeper Scott Andrews had to be at his best to defy the home side with a great close range stop .
Both sides continued to try to gain control and the Bears managed on 39 mins to take the lead,
Keelan Mooney made a great left sided run and after some slick passing Reece Collins fired home from 12 yards.
Half time Bears lead 1-0.

The second half saw the home side respond by getting the ball into the Bears area at every opportunity and the Bears had to defend backs to the wall for long periods
Although the home sides shooting and crossing lacked any real quality.
Sadly for the visitors Crows substitute Muggeridge fired a shot on goal which went in off the head of Ollie Bartram to level the score, on 63 mins.
We now had a game on our hands and the home side threw everything forward in
trying to find a winner. Albeit Collins forced two more saves from Dan Ellis in the home goal and Andy Hart fired just over from distance.
Drama was to come when the Crows were awarded a penalty which was brilliantly saved by Scott Andrews
It looked as if the Bears might be taking a point home but sadly Pearson fired a speculative shot at goal which managed to creep in at the near post.
A great battling performance from the Bears against one of the title favourites.
Good perfomances all round lads, hard luck.
Full time Crowborough Ath. 2 Bearsted 1.

Scott Andrews, Luke Hughes, Andy Foster, Andy Hart, Ollie Bartram, Graeme Andrews, Michael Holliday, Reece Collins, Keelan Mooney,Matt Garner, Peter Williams.
Subs used;- Steve Sage, Jack Hayes, Chris Carcary.
Not used;:- Craig Lawrence, Ben Donnelly.