Match Photo's

Under 18's KYL vs Hythe Town

Match Date: 11 September 2016
Score: 5-0

Bearsted U’18s recorded their second victory of the season this weekend, after putting in a strong performance against Hythe Town which resulted in a 5-0 victory.

A first half double from Luke Snazel alongside an Albert Courtnell goal meant that Bearsted had a nice cushion going in at half-time. Following the restart, Tom Lindsey added a further two goals which completed the victory and in turn, meant that Bearsted’s unbeaten run this season continued.

Bearsted went into the game this weekend hoping that they would be able to replicate the performance shown against Deal last weekend. This would have to be done without the injured Joe Sturrock, which meant that Bearsted were down to 12 men.

Bearsted settled into the game early on and were able to create a few chances from the off with Ryan Golding coming close to opening the scoring, unfortunately, the forward put the shot just wide. Bearsted were able to keep plugging away and looked to have taken the lead when Snazel floated in a free-kick which landed at the feet of Golding, who put the ball in the net, however, this was deemed offside by the linesman; much to the striker’s dismay having missed the earlier chance.

The chances kept coming and it looked like only a matter of time before Bearsted would get the first goal. The Bears managed to work the ball into the box to Lindsey, whose shot was turned in by Harry Hays. Again, this was considered to be offside according to the linesman.

With opportunities coming only in the form of the Bearsted attack, the team were delighted when Luke Snazel opened the scoring after a darting run into the box from Chris Carcary who opted to shoot himself. The shot itself was going wide, but Snazel showed some good positional awareness to place himself at the back post and tap it in.

Bearsted were growing in confidence as the game went on and you could see this in their play. Hythe weren’t really threatening when they got on the ball and it was likely that they would get the second goal and double their lead. This proved to be true as Albert Courtnell made a great run from the left wing-back position and was found brilliantly by Snazel who threaded a reverse pass into the path of the onrushing Courtnell who remained calm and slotted past the Hythe keeper. A third would be added before the half-time whistle after Snazel found himself with the ball at his feet in the box and managed to finish extremely well, firing a low shot past the Hythe keeper into the bottom corner.

Bearsted went in at half-time with a 3-0 lead, nevertheless, it should’ve been more and if it weren’t for the weight of pass in the final third it probably could have been 5 or 6 nil.

Following the restart of the second half, Bears remained the dominant side and continued to press for another goal or two. Edoardo Cammarano – who was having a great game in the middle of the park for Bearsted – sent Tom Lindsey through on goal after battling to win the ball back from the Hythe centre-midfielder. Lindsey took his chance well which meant that Bearsted were able to emulate the first half performance that they put in.

Despite going 4-0 and essentially cruising past Hythe, Bearsted would end the game with 10 men. Snazel put in a cracking ball to Golding who had to stretch at the back post in order to try and turn the ball goal bound, unfortunately, the striker put it wide and this proved to be his last contribution to the game as he came off injured. Chae Bradbury – the only sub – sustained a first-half injury which meant Bears had to see the last 15 minutes out with 10 men.

Bearsted would go on to score a 5th through Lindsey in the final 10 minutes of the game which rounded off a solid performance which Bearsted will hope to build on against Faversham Town next weekend.

Bearsted Team: Fraser Lee, Kieren Patel, Callum MacGregor, Harry Whitfield, Harrys Hays, Chae Bradbury, Tom Lindsey, Edoardo Cammarano, Chris Carcary (c), Albert Courtnell, Luke Snazel

Subs: Ryan Golding