Match Photo's

Under 18's KYL vs Tunbridge Wells

Match Date: 23 October 2016
Score: 2-1

Bearsted would continue their exciting cup journey with a 2-1 victory over Tunbridge Wells this morning. Bearsted went into the game full of confidence after bouncing back against Phoenix Sports last week. Bearsted also welcomed the new signing of Gabe Foster-Crouch who made his debut for the side this morning.

Neither side settled into the game early on and most of the football was being played in the middle of the park. The game was rather scrappy and the two sides were unable to really get a foot on the ball. Despite the poor quality of football that was being showcased, Bearsted were able to take the lead through a stunning Albert Courtnell strike. Courtnell would link up excellently with Ryan Golding on the left-wing who played the ball inside to Courtnell on the edge of the box, resulting in Courtnell finishing emphatically with a wonderful side foot which nestled into the top corner.

Bearsted had settled into some form of rhythm following the goal and they were beginning to pass the ball around slightly better now. Bearsted worked the ball out wide to Courtnell whose cross landed at the feet of Harry Hays who took the ball down well and forced a save from the Tunbridge keeper. Another chance would materialise in the form of Tom Lindsey who was played through on goal by Golding, nevertheless the midfielder was only able to slide the ball into the side netting.

Bearsted would double their lead with around 15 minutes to go through Luke Snazel. Golding played a quality ball through to Snazel who showed a real turn of pace which enabled him to ease the ball past the centre-back. Snazel finished tremendously well which put his goal-scoring tally to 12 in all competitions this season. Unfortunately, they wouldn’t go into half-time with this 2-0 lead as the visitors struck back with a long-distance strike that narrowly evaded the glove of Fraser Lee.

The second-half would begin with Tunbridge having a free-kick around 25 yards-out. It was well struck and this caused problems for Lee in goal as he fumbled the free-kick. Nonetheless, he made up for his error as he clambered to his right to stop the ball from crossing his line. Following this, Bearsted would have a chance to make it 3-1 as Lindsey managed to find Golding at the back post, but the forward was unable to take the chance as he made minimal contact with ball which saw the ball trickle wide. 5 minutes later Bearsted would spur another chance, this time Lindsey showed some great footwork to get into the opposition area, only to hit the shot straight at the Tunbridge keeper.

The game would not be without controversy as the visiting team would have a player dismissed following an altercation involving both sides. This man-advantage would enable Bearsted to create a few more chances before the full-time whistle. Joe Sturrock thought he had scored his first goal in a Bearsted shirt, however, to his sheer dismay the goal was deemed offside. This meant that the game would finish 2-1 to Bearsted in a game that saw few glimpses of quality.

Bearsted Team: Fraser Lee, Harrys Hays, Kieren Patel, Callum MacGregor, Harry Whitfield, Albert Courtnell, Gabe Foster-Crouch, Edoardo Cammarano, Tom Lindsey ©, Luke Snazel, Ryan Golding.

Subs: Joe Sturrock (used), Chris Carcary (used), Jack Lee (unused).