Match Photo's

First Team vs Lordswood

Match Date: 11 October 2016
Score: 4-1

Match Report by Allan Hefferon 

The early stages saw both sides going on the offensive looking for an early breakthrogh, with the wing trickery of Sam Hallett for Lordswood looking particularly threatening. Whereby for Bearsted they were finding the encouragement provided by the flank play of both Bradley Webb and Keelan Mooney. However the visitors should have gone in front after just five minutes when a cut back for Alex McKay for the striker shoot wide of goal from 15 yards. Equally though, at the other end the home side were very unlucky not to score after being denied by two consecutive goal line clearances keeping the scoreline level. The breakthrough though came immediately after on 15 minutes, when Peter Williams seized the ball to run on and tuck the ball past goalkeeper Ryan Chandler into the net. Following this Williams went close to another, heading narrowly wide of the left hand post. Five minutes later though did come the second, when a fine ball out to the right by Charlie Epps found Webb to outpace his maker before placing the ball under Chandler at the near post. At this point the momentum was favouring the Bears, during which time seeing a fierce volleyed shot by Epps, only matched by a great Chandler save onto the bar. With the final minutes now running down towards half time, so Bearsted were to go further in front, when a corner from the left by Mooney, was swung onto the head of Andy Irvine to score from close range. Remarkably, before the whistle signalling the break, Lordswood were to create some difficult moments for the Bears backline who had to deal with a series of difficult corners, sent in from both wings, none of which producing the result that they were looking for.
Following the resumption came a positive reply from the Lords as they went in search of a reply likely to throw the game wide open, but with the exception of efforts from both Haslett and McKay and then when Daniel Smith forced a smart save by Scott Andrews. As time wore on though, so Bearsted once more began to assert some pressure and after 65 minutes they were to further their score. Following some fine link up play with Mooney, Sam Flisher sped on to cross low into the box for Williams to score with the sweetest of volleys to net from 5 yards. With the game now seemingly won, so Lordswood never ceased to look for a reply and nobody more than Ethis Izokun epitomised this more. They did eventually pull a goal back late in the game, but unfortunately for them this was to be too late to have any impact on the final result.
Team: S.Andrews, S.Flisher A.Foster, G.Andrews, S.Sage (O.Bartrum) C.Epps M.Holliday ( M.Garner,) B. Webb, P.Williams, A.Irvine (J.Hayes) K.Mooney,
Subs: ,