Match Photo's

First Team vs Croydon

Match Date: 07 October 2017
Score: 0-3

By A.Hefferon

Bearsted’s recent successful run of 6 wins eventually came to an end by a Croydon side seemingly having more success with their play and particularly being able to exploit their opponent's midfield, sadly decimated during the run up to this game. However this to one side it could not be an excuse, as far too often they were guilty of misplaced passing and not being able mount the sort of attacks likely to cause real concern to the home back line. As the game progressed though, the home side eventually took the lead after 21minutes, when following a breakdown of a Bearsted throw in, the ball found its' way back to the edge of the penalty area and was not dealt with sufficiently well, which caused enough chaos for Marvin Armstrong head forward at goal which entered the net off of the head of Cameron Croucher as he desperately tried to prevent the ball from crossing the line. Following this goal, so the hosts continued on the front foot and at times the visitors were to ride their luck and although the runs of Peter Williams and Reece Collins did offer some potential on the break, they were to go further behind 2 minutes before half time, when a right wing corner was not defended well enough and for the ball to be sent back into the net by Laurie Chin.

The resumption after break signalled a closer encounter and seeing a Collins corner finding the head of Rob Lyall to head narrowly over from close range. As the half wore on so the chances came to both sides but the work of Lauris Chin and Fetzi were of particular note. However as the clock ran
down so the score remained the same and Bearsted’s hopes of finding a response were lifted somewhat, when within the space 5 minutes and following some unsavoury play, two home players were to be sent off, but as some consolation for them they were able to leave the field to rapturous applause from the home crowd. Unfortunately for the visitor’s though they were to be further punished on 90 minutes when Jeff Duah Kessie was able to pick up the from deep and to run on and seal a well deserved win for his team on the day.
Team: S.Andrews, A.Hart G.Andrews R.Lyall, C.Croucher, M.Garner, R.Collins S.Flisher, P.Williams (C.Emnenyi) C.Scarlet (C.Carcary) E. Izokun(L.Hughes)
Subs: J.White, M.Blendell