Match Photo's

First Team vs Lordswood

Match Date: 15 November 2017
Score: 0-1

By A.Hefferon

With a Bearsted side still ravaged by injuries to key players this game saw both them and an ordinary looking Lordswood team failing to produce too many inspirational moments. From the start though Jack Mahon and Liam Newton looked the stand out players for the visitors for most of the first half but at the same time they were not managing the sort of attacks likely to produce positive results. For the home side as the half wore on they were the ones seemingly more in control and following a powerful run and cross from the left by Ethis Izoku, the ball was sent narrowly wide by the incoming Reece Collins. Collins though was also similarly unlucky soon after, combining well with co striker Jack Sellens. Unfortunately though after 38 minutes the visitors were to take the lead when following a midfield interception, the ball was sent out to the left where Frankie Griffin to run on before sending the ball across Scott Andrews and to find the far corner of the net.
Following the resumption after the half time break, so the visitors were finding themselves more in control and with the hosts having to push on in order to pull the goal back, so they became more prone to being punished on the break. So much so they have to thank goalkeeper Andrews for several remarkable saves from clear cut chances, most notably when Helge Orme ran clear on goal and when Mahone failed to capitalise from point blank range. However, whether it would have been justified or not, minutes before the final whistle Bearsted almost equalised on two occasions, both as a result of Collins right wing runs, it was only the heroics of Lordswood’s keeper Ryan Chandler producing a great interception and preventing Constantine Scarlet from making this happen.

Team: S.Andrews, R.Golding,(L.Snazell) G.Andrews (R.Blake) E.Valionis ,C.Croucher, C.Carcary (C.Scarlat) R.Croucher, M.Garner J.Sellens, R.Collins, E.Izoku
Subs: M.Blendell,