Match Photo's

First Team vs Croydon

Match Date: 27 January 2018
Score: 2-3

Not for the first time in recent games, Bearsted once more failed to come away with their just deserts matching their opposition and in particular going down in the final minute of a game. In addition to this the absence once more of several key players through injury has not helped their cause. However it took just 10 minutes for them to take the lead when an exchange of close passes between, Rob Lyall and Reece Collins, the ball found Ehis Izokun for him to fire home from 12 yards. Helped also by the returning Peter Williams after a long spell out, so the home side now looked capable of increasing the scoreline. Unfortunately for them though, as the game wore on so Croydon were able to settle and mount several dangerous attacks notably inspired by the wing play of both Daniel Hector and Raeknon Bailey Allen. Indeed it was mainly due to 3 fine saves by home keeper Scott Andrews, denying both Hector and Allen as well as an effort from Andy Mott that allowed the score to stay in intact. However as the half was entering the final quarter, so Bearsted also came close notably when Lyall got onto the end of a cross to head on for Williams to just fail to head home a headed opportunity of increasing the score.
Following just 3 minutes after the restart the game was to level when a high, deep cross into the box forced Andrews into mishandling his clearance only for the ball to fall into the path of Mott to send the ball into an unguarded net. Bearsted’s reaction though was a positive one, as this period of play was evenly balanced with Allen remaining a threat down the left and seeing the hosts coming very close on several occasions, particularly when a Izokun cross created some concern for the visitors, the outcome of which seeing Cameron Croucher effort scrambled off of the line. After 64 minutes, following a free kick from the half way line the ball found Allen out on the left to send in a cross into the path of substitute Lauris Chin to volley home at the near post. In response this strike so the home side responded well and following a run into the box by Ryan Croucher was brought to an end by Nathen Cambell for the referee to award a penalty and for Williams to step up and send the ball high into the net. Play up until the final whistle play became a tense affair with the game heading seemingly for a draw but 4 minutes into time added on, the ball was picked up out on the right before being swung over to the far post for Chin to repeat his early feat to inflict a cruel blow to his opponents.
Team:​S.Andrews, E.Valionis, A.Foster, G.Andrews, C.Croucher, R.Croucher, M.Garner, R.Collins, R.Lyall ,P.Williams, Ehis Izokun,(J.White)

Subs:​ ​L.Snazel, Abdullah Mohamoud, M.Blendell,