Match Photo's

First Team vs Cray Valley

Match Date: 03 February 2018
Score: 0-1

In line with recent previous weeks after having produced a good performance, Bearsted had to suffer yet another disappointing loss. However this particular result turned out to be an absolute travesty, as for much of the game they looked the much the better side, so much so that they should have been 4 goals up prior to their opponents ultimate match winning goal. Indeed after just 2 minutes the home defence was breeched when Constantine Scarlatt found himself clear in on goal in on goal only for his shot to be turned away by advancing goalkeeper Andy Walker. Immediately after this, a run into the box by Lucian Scarlatt was brought to an end by what appeared to be a penalty, briefly being supported by linesmen’s flag, only for the referee to wave play on. Following this saw Peter Williams lobbying over the bar from close range and with Cray’s defence still trying to cope, so another opportunity fell the Cat Scarlatt volleying just wide at the near post. As time went on so the home side gradually began to settle and produce a few potential attacks of their own, generally inspired by the wing runs down the left by Joe N'Guessan. Indeed it was to be as a result of such a run that the deadlock was broken after 34 minutes, when Kevin Lisbie forced a great save by Scott Andrews only for him to see the rebound fall directly to Calum Willcock to score from close range. As play continued so play flowed from end to end during which time seeing N'Guessan firing over and Matt Garner forcing a full length save by Walker.

The opening period of the second half provided much of the same in terms chances, but the introduction of home substitute Ben Francis brought some pace for his side and almost immediately after saw a run on goal leaving him clear, only to see his effort fly high over the bar and then very soon after, suffering the same experience. Although Cray' s ambitions remained the same in their efforts of extending their lead, as the game wore on so Bearsted began to mount a series of attacks as they went in search of saving the game and on numerous occasions were to go close, notably when both Garner and Ryan Croucher fired over gilt edge chances. In addition to this, following crosses from the right, Andy Hart and Reece Collins both looped headers from 5 yards over the bar. However as the game entered the final minutes so the pressure became intense, with the host's under siege but for them they managed to make it to the final whistle due to a combination desperate and improvised defending. All this said though at the end of the day it is goals that win games a commodity that at the moment Bearsted are being denied.

Team:​S.Andrews, E.Valionis, G.Andrews, R.Lyall, C.Croucher, R.Croucher, M.Garner, , , Ehis Izokun, (R.Collins) C.Scarlatt (A.Hart) P.Williams,L.Scarlatt,

Subs:​ ​L.Snazel, A.Foster, J.White