Match Photo's

Under 15's Rangers vs Coxheath & Farleigh FC

Match Date: 08 April 2018
Score: 1-4

This eagerly-anticipated cup semi-final took place on a chilly sunny day on fresh-looking Honey Lane pitches (huge credit given to those club members who tend to the pitches all season).

We welcomed a Coxheath and Farleigh team who had recruited several top-quality new players since Christmas and battled their way through the early rounds too.

Unusually for us, we managed to get 11 players together for today's match - regrettably, our star midfielder Sam Hill was away for Easter and could not play. A huge blow to any team.

The first half belonged to the home team: Bearsted dominated possession, creating several chances for main marksman Presley Hilden-Vidler and looking particularly dangerous when Alfie Caesar picked the ball up on the left flank.
As fate would have it, we failed to covert 5 clear-cut chances and conceded goals right before half-time.

Our half-time team talk was simple - we were on on top, despite the scoreline, so more of the same, lads! Felt like 2-2, not 3-0.
Perhaps clear our box quicker too.

Fired up and ready to take the game from them, the worst start possible occurred after the second kick-off when we conceded the softest goal of the season.

Determined and playing very well, we persevered and looked genuinely dangerous from every attack.
Harvey Payne turned a lost cause on the right wing into a peach of a cross for Alfie Caesar to fire in on the volley, giving the whole team hope again.

Unfortunately, the difference between the two sides was clear.
Their goalkeeper produced the best performance any of us have seen at this level of football. He won every one-on-one, caught crosses and managed a double save from point-blank that caused both sets of parents to applaud.

Despite the defeat, we are back on our game and thoroughly looking forward to playing this well WITH enough players and substitutes next season.

Well done boys; very proud.