Match Photo's

First Team vs Tunbridge Wells

Match Date: 02 October 2018
Score: 3-2

Although coming into this game, based upon recent results, a Bearsted win
looked quite likely? Certainly from the start the home side were the ones
who settled into their stride, but they very nearly got punished when
Ramond Diau found himself close in on goal only to see his effort cleared off
of the line and the ball to be cleared to safety. However during this opening
period the home side should have gone in front on numerous occasions but
each time they were thwarted by goalkeeper Cameron Hall, who turned out
to be their problem throughout the whole game. They did though eventually
find the net after 11 minutes, when Matt Hathaway found Lucian Scarlat to
force two point blank saves by Hall, before the ball found the feet of Reece
Collins to turn it into the net. Although play did generally favour the hosts,
Tunbridge’s response remained positive and they did level the score, after
28 minutes, when after being awarded a free kick on the edge of the area,
Jake Beecroft sent the ball past Scott Andrews and into the net With half
time now approaching so Bearsted once more came close to taking the lead
as further chances fell to Constantine Scarlat, John Rogers and Collins all to
be denied once more by goalkeeper Hall.
After the resumption so the game remained very much the same, with
either side having it all to play for and 10 minutes Into the half, Wells were
to go in front, when following a break up of play, the ball was swept across
to the left for Colby Waits to run down the left and cross for Diau to head
home from close range at the far post. This strike certainly did lift the
tempo of the game with the visitor's now finding themselves in a winning
position and playing with more confidence and indeed almost extended
their lead, when following an almost carbon copy move, this time though
Diau headed narrowly wide. However as with their previous game, Bearsted,
were once more able to snatch a win from the jaws of defeat by gradually
seizing control and eventually finding an equaliser on 70 Minutes, when
following a Cameron Croucher run, a Cat Scarlet cross found Matt Garner to
send the ball high into the net. With time now running out so a win seemed
possible and that particular prize fell to Bearsted on 86 minutes, when
Collins set up David Baranowskil to run on and send in a shot that even Hall
could not stop.
Team S.Andrews, S.Flisher, R.Lyall, G.Andrews ,C.Croucher, M.Hathway,
J.Rogers , R.Croucher (M.Garner) C.Scarlet (A.Ombo)R.Collins,
L.Scarlat (D.Baranowski)
Subs; M.Holliday, G.Andrews