Match Photo's

First Team vs Deal Town

Match Date: 23 October 2018
Score: 4-2

This result was a particularly satisfying one for a Bearsted side having to come to terms with a dire injury list as a result of having to play some 8 games in the space of 24 days. Fortunately for them though the inclusion of 4 key players at least gave some hope of providing a successful performance, which a on the night far exceeded expectations. Indeed right from the start their pace and swift passing proved to cause real concern for their opponent's back line, who even with the efforts of Kane Smith, were finding it difficult to cope with the wing thrusts of Reece Collins and Cameron Croucher, together with the trickery of both Lucien Scarlat and David Baranowskil. Although Deal were able at times to mount a series of attacks, they were to go behind after 15 minutes, when following a run and low cross by Scarlat gave Peter Williams the opportunity of back healing the ball into the net from close range. This strike now seemed to signal a period, during which time saw further chances for both Baranowskil and Williams who were not able to convert them into goals, which at this stage could have created a real serious situation for the visitors. However as time went by so they were to come more into the game and had it not been for a smart near post save by goalkeeper Scott Andrews from Connor Coyne and then when Alfie Foster was not able to capitalise on a long ball up field by away keeper James Tonkin, the score at half time could well have been level and with all still to play for.

Following the resumption after break, so both team's ambitions still remained the same, but after 56 minutes the scoreline was increased, when following some link up play with Baranowski on the left, Scarlat ran on goal into the area to fire past goalkeeper Tonkin into the net. However with Bearsted now seemingly confident of gaining a result, not long after, this notion was to be dispelled when a deep free kick from the left by Steve O’Brien into the box, was not sufficiently dealt with, the result of which seeing the ball come out to Harris Rodgers for him to send the ball back into the net from 12 yards and once more provide a real opportunity of both saving the game and given some anxious moments for the home supporters. Unfortunately for them though after 69minutes the status of the game was to reinstated, when following some neat interaction on the left, Williams was able to provide the cross for Collins to head home at the far post. With the margin of score now reinstated so the game looked likely to be won? However yet again came a reply after 81 minutes when a deep cross ball by Rodgers found Harry Alexander out on the left to run clear before seeing his effort being half saved by Andrews and for the ball to find its' way across the line. Away fans celebrations though we're to be short lived as almost immediately after, came yet another reply, when a ball from Matt Hatway gave Collins the opportunity for him to run on and chip the ball over advancing keeper Tonkin which ultimately proved to be the winner of a game played throughout in the right spirit and providing great entertainment for most supporters.

Team S.Andrews, S.Flisher, A.Foster,J.Hurst ,C.Croucher,J.Rogers M.Garner D.Baranowsk(M.Hathway) i R.Collins, P.Williams(C.Scarlet) L.Scarlat

Subs; M.Holliday, , M.Weller, M.Smith