Match Photo's

First Team vs Sheppey Utd

Match Date: 27 October 2018
Score: 1-3

For Bearsted this was a game from which that they most certainly deserved a more positive
Outcome From the start the flow of play was end to end and seeing potential chances arrive for both sides, notably when a Reece Collins shot was headed over by home defender Jonno Richardson and for Bearsted’s Andy Foster for turning over a gouldbound strike by Connor Westley. Equally also, each team had to be thankful to their goalkeepers for producing a series of wonder saves during the whole of the match. However after 30 minutes Sheppey were to go in front when Dan Bradshaw managed to capitalise on a long ball over a back pedalling defensive line to run on and to send the ball past Harry Earles into the net. However very soon after it was away keeper Earles who was to keep the scoreline in tact when denying goal scorer Bradshaw from adding to his tally and then soon after seeing Alfie Bates hit the outside of the post. As the half wore on though, so during this period, the visitor’s were to create a series of chances of their own, first when Peter Williams saw his effort scrambled off of the line and then when a Luchian Scarlat volley was pushed over the bar at a point blank save by Aeron Lee-Wharton. Bearsted though were to get their reward after 43 minutes, when a firmly struck free kick by Jamie Hurst caused enough of a defensive problem which allowed Matt Garner to score from 2 yards. However any celebrations were to be short lived as 2 minutes after, Bradshow once more found himself in on goal to lob the ball over a stranded Earles and into the net.

After the half time break so Bearsted were to re-emerge in a very positive fashion, whereby they were to dominate the best part of the half. Indeed it took only 2 minutes for them to respond when they were awarded a penalty, which unfortunately for them a Williams strike was turned away by Lee-Wharton to safety. Remarkakly though almost immediately after the referee did not award another spot kick for an offence seemingly far more obvious than the first. Play then continued with the Bear’s on the offensive and seeing the home defence often in disarray in dealing with the runs and movement of their opponents, so much so that further goals looked most likely. However this was not to be the case as time after time chances appeared, and seeing Williams head onto the bar from close range, Colins hitting the post and Garner this time being denied by Wharton providing the notion that at this point their name was not on this game. This certainly proved to be the case and with play becoming more feisty, so the whole match was turned on its’ head when Sam Flisher was sent off by the referee, sadly after being surrounded by and having to deal with the insistence of home side players. Unfortunately this proved to be a real ‘game changer, one of which they never recovered and ultimately saw the game being wrapped up in the 84th minute when a ball was sent down the right for Bates to run on and send the ball past Earles, whose afternoon did not end there and being asked to make a series of further saves to maintain the disappointing scoreline.

Team H. Earles, S.Flisher, A.Foster,J.Hurst ,C.Croucher,J.Rogers,M.Garner D.Baranowsk( C.Scarlet) R.Collins, P.Williams L.Scarlat

Subs; M.Holliday, , M.Weller, M.Smith M.Hathway