Match Photo's

First Team vs Steyning Town FC

Match Date: 01 December 2018
Score: 3-2 AET

By Allan Hefferon

Kent Sports News, Sponsored our Man of The Match

Presented by Darrell Harman he picked 
Dawid Baronowski for MOTM

This game played in the right spirit, proved to be a very close affair, one of which gave each sets of supporters a great deal of enjoyment which at times swung in both directions. However it was Steyning who started more brightly and it took just 2 minutes for them to take the lead when Liam Hunter picked up a loose ball to run on and send the ball into the bottom left hand corner of the net. Following such an early set break though, Bearsted gradually began to put together a series of attacks in pursuit of an equaliser but on several occasions they were to go close but notably they came up against away goal keeper Jamie Baransco who on simultaneous occasions pulled off point blank saves to deny Lucian Scarlat and Reece Collins and with Collins hitting the bar soon after the notion at the time was that it was not to be their day? In reply at the other end, so the prospect of being hit on the break was always possible and on one particular occasion Mayckol Sabino found an opportunity of increasing the score, when in on goal saw his shot being saved by home keeper Scott Andrews. The equaliser though was eventually to come after 32 minutes when a high defensive clearance found David Baranowskil lurking on the edge of the area to volley the ball over Baransco into the back of the net. This strike then signalled a period of play up to half time whereby the hosts looked seemingly more likely to go on and register a comfortable win.

Following the break the visitors were to emerge in a positive fashion and very soon after so both Zach Hillman and Alex Gathering were to both sent efforts narrowly wide of goal. However by the same token they had to once more be grateful to keeper Baransco for maintaining the scoreline by producing a remarkable double save first from Scarlat and then turning a Collins follow up from close range over the bar. However as the half wore on so the game remained in the balance, but after 82 minutes came the likely winner ,when following a byeline dribble by Scarlat his cross found the head of Peter Williams to send the ball into the net at the near post. Unfortunately for Bearsted though, celebrations were short lived and just prior to the final whistle came an equaliser when a free kick from 25 yards forced Andrews to push this effort onto the bar and for the ball to fall to the feet of Hillman to send the game into extra time with the possibility now of a buoyant Strumming side now winning the game. However this prospect was not to be the case and after 102 minutes came the winner, when a pinpoint free kick from Baranowskil was sent onto the head of Peter Williams to once more score in a very similar fashion to his first.

Team S.Andrews, R.Golding (M.Weller)A.Foster,G.Andrews,C.Croucher,B.Baranowski R.Croucher (M.Hathway).J.Rogers, J.Bessey-Sadanha (P.Williams) R.Collins(C.Scarlat) L.Scarlat

Subs; J.Chamberlain