Match Photo's

First Team vs Hollands & Blair

Match Date: 08 December 2018
Score: 3-3

For much of the game nobody would have predicted this final result as it was the home side that looked to be coping with both a difficult playing surface and some appalling weather conditions which in particular affected the visitor’s efforts in defence of the slope. However it was them who during the early period were to come closest to scoring when first Lucian Scarlat forced a save from home goalkeeper Ben Nourse before seeing him recover enough to prevent Constantine Scarlat’s follow up shot and for the ball to fall at the feet of his brother to send the ball back onto the bar. Unfortunately for Bearsted though they were to fall behind after 14 minutes when a break down right by Jordon Gallagher sent in a cross shot which was cleared off the line by Andy Foster only for ball to find Marshall Ratton to thrash the ball into the net. This strike then somewhat instilled a certain amount of confidence into the hosts, who, inspired by their skipper Jason Fregene, managed to cope with much of what was thrown at them, as well as making things difficult for their opponent's backline and just before the break, Ratton found himself in a position once more to increase the lead, only to see his effort come back off of the post and for the score to remain the same at the half time break

Following the resumption of play, the visitors were now in a position to enjoy the benefits of the difficult conditions and build upon that advantage. Indeed early signs indicated such expectation, as they were now able to create several chances, notably when a run and shot by Reece Collins saw his effort pass narrowly wide to the post. However so this momentum was to see them now on the front foot, but this also was to work against them as after 55 minutes the ball was lost in midfield and for it to be swept forward down the right for Pat Bishenden to run on and send the ball into the net past Scott Andrews. Unfortunately for them though, the Bears were to be punished once more in similarly circumstances, as after 66 minutes they were to suffer another blow, when yet again the ball was sent to Rratton to run on and score the third of the afternoon and seemingly seeing Blair heading for a comfortable victory and had it not been for a crossbar David Abe would have increased the score even further soon after. However after the introduction of three substitutes from the bench, this move proved to be truly inspirational and suddenly it was the home defence having to work hard in order of keeping a clean sheet, during which time seeing a Graeme Andrews shot go wide and for James Bessey-Sadanha to send a glorious opportunity over the bar. Some consolation though was to come for Bearsted after 87 minutes when a neat chip by Luchy Scarlat over a defensive back line, put Peter William in to loop the ball over the advancing Bourse. Remarkably though now 2 minutes into the 4 added on time, so came a second by Williams when he was on hand to send his second to give a certain respectability to the scoreline. Incredibly then, the Impossible became a reality when David Baranowskil took on a run down the right and after resisting a raw Fregene challenge delivered the perfect cross for Williams to complete his hat-trick by sending the ball past a totally exposed Bourse which turned out to be almost the last kick of the game. In conclusion, although commiserations must go to a totally devastated Blair team due credit must go to a Bearsted side that not for the first time this season have refused to give up the cause.

Team S.Andrews, R.Golding A.Foster,G.Andrews,C.Croucher,M.Garner, M.Hathway(B.Baranowski).J.Rogers, R.Collins (J.Bessey-Sadanha) C.Scarlat (P.Williams} L.Scarlat. Subs; M.Weller R.Lyall