Match Photo's

First Team vs Hollands & Blair

Match Date: 08 September 2018
Score: 1-0

By A Hefferon

Over recent years this fixture has always managed to produce a close encounter with the spoils being equally shared. On this occasion though it was to be the home side that emerged the victors and considering the balance of recent games played the outcome on the day went with the form book. So much so that after an initial settling down period it was Bearsted who looked to be taking more control with a passing game that their opponents found difficult to match and saw their first major scare coming, when Reece Collins was put through only to see his effort being smartly saved by goalkeeper Dean Warford. Similarly, not long after this it was Peter Williams who was to find himself clear through and for him to send his shot high over the bar. Although Steve Dampier and Jason Emegene were playing their part in trying to provide a decent response an end product was difficult to achieve with probably their best chance of the half coming when Lee Garling was able to find some space on the edge of the area to send his effort wide of the target. However after 28 minutes it was the home side that were to go in front, when a superb cross-field pass by Matt Hatchway, picked out the run of Sam Flasher down the right, to whip the ball onto the head of Williams to bullet it into the net at the near post.

Following the half time break and with the home supporters expectation of a big win and although almost immediately after Ryan Croucher sent in a curling shot against the post, this did not turn out to be the case. Indeed as the half wore on so the contest became a much closer affair, during which time an equaliser looked a certainty and it needed a wonder save by Scott Andrews to deny Michael Hurcomb from it being a reality. However, although Bearsted’s play was not as relaxed as earlier, they still managed to engineer two great opportunities to increase the score, first when a run on goal by David Baranowski , brought out a fine save by keeper Warford and then when Williams failed to put the ball across the line from close range. As time then progressed so the scoreline remained the same and with the clock running down the home defence had to stay firm long enough to ensure that all the points went their way.
Team S.Flisher, A.Foster, G.Andrews C.Croucher, M.Garne J.Rogers R.Croucher (M.Weller)M.Hathway, P.Williams (I.Chergev)D.Baranowski (C.Scarlet) R.Collins

Subs; ,B.Baranowski , Kit Warner,