Match Photo's

First Team vs Selsey FC

Match Date: 15 September 2018
Score: 2-0

By AllanHefferon.

Following a gruelling journey to the ground beforehand, it took Bearsted only a minute to open the scoring when a through ball into the box was seized upon by David Baranowski for him to toe the ball into the net past advancing goalkeeper Connor Kelly. Things got no better for the home side when after 12minutes play the visitors were to go further in front, when a run and cross from the right by Reece Collins caused certain defensive confusion, the result of which allowing Peter Williams to loop a header over the back peddling Kelly. With the prospects now of a comfortable win and with further opportunities not being taken, ultimately this did not prove to be the case.
The second half provided much of the same with the visitor’s defence coping well with their opponent’s efforts, notably involving the wing play of Ryan Morley and the dating runs of Harry Gregory. However the possibility of another goal always looked likely at the other end. The introduction of Lucian Scarlat to the game midway through the half, saw his pace and trickery having immediate effect which created several real chances, none of which were taken, with maybe the best one being when a chipped cross for the incoming Ryan Croucher saw him not quite being able to seal the result. As the clock ran down so the hosts did manage a spirited response, but generally at the final whistle, it would be Bearsted who were the team who would be going into the next round.
In conclusion it might be true to say that Bearsted were worthy winners of a game played in the right spirit throughout, but they still had to thank their opponent’s club for their hospitality and generosity in defeat showed to them and wish them all the best for the rest of season.
Team S.Andrews, S.Flisher, R.Lyall, G.Andrews ,C.Croucher, M.Garne (J.Rogers) R.Croucher, M.Hathway, P.Williams (C.Scarlet) D.Baranowski, R.Collins (L.Scarlat)

Subs; ,B.Baranowski , M.Holliday