Match Photo's

First Team vs Lordswood

Match Date: 24 November 2018
Score: 4-2

By Allan Hefferon

Well deserved place for Jon Rogers in Kent Online team of the week. 

For Beasted this result was a particularly satisfying one which enabled them to get back to winning ways after experiencing a somewhat heavy defeat a few days earlier. However they certainly had to fight all the way by having to match a more direct and physically strong side with their own trickery and passing movement. Lordswood’s backline though at the same time, were able to provide a platform for their front men who in particular Kerry Ogbeifu looked very dangerous and it was only a great save by Scott Andrews that prevented Jordan Wells from opening the scoring early on. However this was soon to be the case when a deep ball over from the right found Fjord Rogers lurking at the far post to head home after 26 minutes. This lead though was to last only 5 minutes in a bizarre fashion when misplaced back pass left away keeper Dan Smith grappling to prevent James Bessey- Salesman from putting the ball into the net. This strike proved to be a bit of a game changer with the home side now on the front foot and able to create several chances, notably when a Ryan Golding run and cross found the head of Constantine Scarlat to send the ball narrowly wide of the goal.

Immediately after the break so saw both sides going close, first when Lordswood' s Ricky Foundry shot narrowly wide and then at the other end when following a run on goal Bessey saw his goalbound shot turned away by Smith. As the half wore on though Bearsted began to take more control during which time saw them going close to taking the lead when Scarlat went close once more and then when a Lucien Scarlat corner was scrambled off of the line before being cleared to safety. However after 75 minutes came the breakthrough when a run into the box by Jon Rogers gave him the opportunity to send in a shot, which courtesy of a deflection found its' way into the net. As the clock ran down so the visitors now had to respond in a positive way and at times forced some desperate defending from their opponents, but they were to grab an equaliser after 93 minutes, when following a misplaced pass the ball was sent forward to Kylee McDowell to run on and send over a cross for Ryan Cheek to send the tie into extra time and with all still to play for. Following the turn around so came a tense time and seeing both sides not making the most of great chances, first when Kaiyo Peeke fired over for Bearsted and then when their keeper Andrews was to deny Wells when in on goal. However the all important goal was to come soon after, when the ball was fed to Bessey to provide the pass into the path of Rogers to slide the ball under Smith into the net. The tie though was to be eventually sealed just before the final whistle when Peeke threaded the ball through for Reece Collinsto put the ball past the advancing Smith to send his side into the next round.
Team S.Andrews, R.Golding (M.Weller) M.Garner, J.Chamberlai, C.Croucher, B.Baranowski, M.Hathway, J.Rogers, J.Bessey-Sadanha C.Scarlat (R.Collins)
L.Scarlat K.Peeke
Subs; M.Smith, J.Hyslop