Match Photo's

First Team vs Crowborough Athletic

Match Date: 20 August 2019
Score: 8-0

By Allan Hefferon

Unfortunately for them it was the home side to bear the brunt of a rampant Bearsted side reacting to the disappointment of their previous game 3 days earlier. Indeed they more than made up for that with a performance loaded with pace, passing and finishing attributes. No surprise then that it took only 9 minutes for them to take the lead when David Baranowski was fed down the line to set up the chance for J.Besse Salbahma, lurking on the edge of the box to thrash the ball home. Very soon after that the scorline was further increased the lead when a towering L.ekan Majayebe rose to convert a Baranowski left wing corner free kick. Somewhat shaken by events Crowborough’s response was very positive and as the half settled down, so came some potential chances for them notably when Kaine Wright found himself in on goal to fire into the side netting. Following this came another great opportunity when Helge Okome saw his close range effort turned around by away goalkeeper Ethan Collen. At the other end though saw a series of chances but on several occasions goalkeeper Billy Johnson was making great saves, a feature that was to last the whole of the game. Unfortunately for him though he could do nothing to stop Emmanuel Olunasemo tucking home a precise Lucian Scarlat cross after 39 minutes. Following this though the game did see other opportunities of a reply, one when a Wright free kick found the head of Tom Pearson only to see his effort hooked off of the line by Ryan Croucher and then when Collen had to be at his best saving a point blank shot Okome. Essentially, very soon after the game was pretty well wrapped up on the stroke of half time, when little magician Baranowski was on hand to pick up the ball and send the ball into the net.
The Crows did in fact return to the break in an enthusiastic manner and indeed they did see a shot hit the bar, but once more they fell victim of some uncertain defending and after 51minutes came another goal when Baranowski was allowed to add to his tally . As the half wore on so the pattern was to continue and after 62 minutes a Scarlat run down the left finished with him to shoot fiercely past Johnson. At this point, so the game now became a formality and within minutes, following the introduction of Cat Scarlat saw him able to get onto the end of a Josh Ladlow through ball to send the ball into the net. The game though was finally wrapped up when Scarlat was once more in on goal before being brought down by Johnson and allowing Bessey to step up and send the ball emphatically into the net.
Team; ​E. Collen, S.Flisher, L.Majayebe, R.Croucher ,C.McCarthey,J.Rogers K.McFarlane (J.Ladlow) D.Baranowski J.Besse Salbahma, E.Olunasemo (L.Burdon) L.Scarlat (C.Scarlat)

Subs;​,M.Dalton. S.Adams