Match Photo's

First Team vs K Sports

Match Date: 26 August 2019
Score: 3-2

By Allan Hefferon

Following off of the back of a big win in their last game, Bearsted started this match in similar fashion and they were to take the lead after just 3 minutes when Davide Baranowski seized upon a ball in midfield and to thread the ball into the path of Luke Burdon to run on and send the ball past the advancing Dan Smith. As a result of this strike so it seemed to signal a period of dominance which saw the home side’s back line struggling to cope with pace and slick movement of their opponents. So much so that after 9 minutes they were to score a second when Emmanuel Olunasemo found himself free, only for him to be just outside of the area and as a result allowed Baronowski to send the free kick high into the top corner of the net. Although further opportunities continued to follow so Bearsted were unable to add that all important third goal and for the hosts to be thankful to their goalkeeper Smith for his contribution during this spell. As the half wore on so K Sports began to grow in confidence and coupled with the industry of Connor Pring in prompting them so they were able to mount their own attacks with a strategy of sending long balls seeking out their flank men in order of providing opportunities of getting onto the end of them. Indeed, it was as a result of a free kick from the right by Jason Perry that found the head of Tom Woodbridge lurking at the far post to send the ball against the upright. They were though eventually find some success when a ball down the left was not sufficiently dealt with and allowed Sam Stave to dribble his way into the box and for the referee to award a penalty for a trip and for Mark Getthing to step up and send the ball into the net just before half time.
Following the break saw the introduction of Lucien Scarlat by the visitors, a move that immediately had a significant effect and as with the start of the first half; they were to dominate much of the attacking play. Indeed it was Scarlat who almost increased the score after getting onto the end of an Olunasemo cross only for him to be deprived by a point blank by goalkeeper Smith. This chance though was only one of many that were to follow, notably when a John Rogers shot cannoned off of the bar and with a certain amount of frustration creeping in, they were to be punished after 65 minutes when Regan Corke picked up the ball from deep to run on and thrash a curling ball past Scott Andrews from 20 yards. With the game now very much in the balance, so play began to flow end to end and providing a certain amount of anxiety for both sets of supporters and for Bearsted there was a moment in particular, when a long throw from the left caused a certain amount of defensive confusion and for Andrews to somehow claw the ball off of the line in denying his opponents from going in front. This privilege was to go to his side after 70 minutes, when James Bessey-Salesmanw as able to progress down the left avoiding a challenge on the way, before cutting into the box to run on and send a cross shot past the outstretched arm of Smith. This incident though was not to be the only drama as 5 minutes from time it seemed that Bessey had wrapped up the game after seeing his shot hit the ball onto the underside of the bar before seemingly entering the back of the net, only for the goal to be ruled out by the officials’ perception of it. Even so with the clock agonisingly running down, so came yet another chance of an equaliser, when David Botterill sent in a fierce low drive from the edge of the area forced a fine save from Andrews and for his team to take home all the points.

Team; ​E. Collen, S.Flisher, L.Majayebe, R.Croucher ,C.McCarthey,J.Rogers (J.Ladlow)K.McFarlane (M.Dalton) D.Baranowski J.Besse Salbahma, E.Olunasemo L.Burdon (L.Scarlat)