Match Photo's

First Team vs Glebe

Match Date: 07 September 2019
Score: 1-3

By Allan Hefferon

Based upon recent form this result was a particularly disappointing one for
Bearsted. Although they started brightly enough and throughout the first half
matched this Glebe side, they should have taken note of their opponent’s
potential capabilities, when soon after the start they were exposed by a fine
ball by Sam Edwards which put Tom Weaver in clear on goal only to be denied
by a fine Scott Andrews save. Generally speaking both sides were well
matched as play flowed from end to end during which time saw goal scoring
opportunities, notably when a Lucian Scarlat run took him to the byline to
cross onto the head of Emannuel Olunasemo to somehow send the ball wide
goal. At the other end so a series of corners were to cause certain defensive
concerns, one in particular, when as a result of a combination of a Leken
Majayebe clearance and a palmed Andrews save, the ball looped onto the
head of Anthony Dwyer who was unable to break the deadlock just before half
Following the break though the home side were to get their reward after
2 minutes when a cross from the left to the far post found was headed back to
Jesse Darko to send the ball back into the net. Unfortunately for the Bears this
strike did somehow affect the balance of play and they were further punished
when following a free kick from the right, Anthony Dwyer was able capitalise
on the opportunity to increase the score after 56 minutes. At this stage this
game looked to be heading in only one direction with the visitors now having
to find some way of breaking down a home defence marshalled so well by
their captain Mark Fitzgerald. However following a series of close chances
they did manage to pull back a goal after 76 minutes when a free kick on the
edge of the box found the head of Leken Mejayegbe to send the ball into the
net and signal some hope of a comeback. This indeed almost became the
case when very soon after when a cross from the right by James Besse
Salbahma was met by the head of the incoming Luke Burdon to send the ball
narrowly over the bar. However this was not to be the case as 6 minutes from
time Dwyer picked up the ball and to run across the edge of the box to send
home a fierce drive to add his second and ultimately seal the game.
Team; S.Andrews, S.Flisher, L., G.Andrews ,C.McCarthey, K.McFarlane,
(J.Rogers) M.Dalton, D.Baranowski, (L.Burden) J.Besse Salbahma, E.
Subs; J.Ladlow, L.Risk,