Match Photo's

First Team vs Erith & Belvedere

Match Date: 26 October 2019
Score: 8-1

By A Hefferon

For Bearsted, following some particularly disappointing recent results this came as a pleasant surprise for them but somehow not quite in the manner that they might have expected. They certainly were to be first out of the traps when after just 3 minutes James.Bessey-Saldanha picked up a ball on the right to take off on a mazy run into the penalty area passing several opponents to send an angled shot into the net. Somewhat stung by this their opponents were finding it difficult to reply in a positive way although on various occasions Kameiko Pope Cambell was showing some dangerous potential down the left flank. The score though was to be further increased after 16 minutes when a Lucian Scarlat left wing corner found the head of Graeme Andrews and for the ball to find its way low into the corner of the net. In response to this goal, at the other end, the visitors should have pulled back a goal Chan Quan liked up with Harry Towner to cross to the far post only for Kameiko Pope-Cambell to see his header going wide of an empty net. Unfortunately things were to get worse for them after 25 minutes , when Jon Rogers picked up the ball on the half way line to feed it to Saldanha, who in turn to set up Bobomurodov on the edge of the area to send in a deflected shot past, wrong –footed goalkeeper Dan Teeley.
Back on the field after the break saw much of the same with several chances not being taken, but at the same time a special mention must go to the visitor’s goalkeeper Teeley who time after time managed t to produce many great saves. However he could do very little to stop a fourth goal going in when Bobomurodov was able to chip in a cross which allowed Emmanel Oluwasemo to volley home from close range after 56 minutes. Four minutes later saw another goal, which, in similar fashion saw Scarlat setting up Bobomurodov to send the ball over the advancing Teeley. Following this goal so after 71 minutes Bobomurodov was able to pick up a loose ball on the edge of the area to shoot home and complete his hat-trick. With the result now out of sight, after 83 minutes Scarlat was to be rewarded for his tireless efforts when Peter Williams broke forward and for him to set him up to put the ball into an empty net. Perhaps the only disappointment for Bearsted was that they once more were unable to keep a clean sheet as very soon after Pope-Cambell was able to run down the left before sending a lovely curled effort into the top corner of the net. This slight set back though soon evaporated when once more Williams was able to run on goal to shoot and force another great save by Teeley only for Scarlat to arrive head home the rebound to complete the final score.