Match Photo's

First Team vs Rusthall FC

Match Date: 19 October 2019
Score: 5-2

Maybe the scoreline might have been a little harsh on a Rusthall side full of energy and commitment. Certainly during the early stages of the first half it became apparent that this was to be a close affair with play flowing from end to end. Most certainly for the visitors the pace and wing runs of Revel Powel-Downey were particularly prevalent. However they were to go in front after 24 minutes when front man Luke Adams was able to capitalise on a loose defensive cross pass which allowed him to intercept the ball and send it past a totally exposed Toby Smith. However this was to be short lived as 3 minutes later Bearsted were to equalise when Josh Beadle was able to find David Baranowski on the left to send a low cross into the path of the incoming Nodirbek Bobomurodov to score from 5 yards and set up the prospects of a high scoring game. Not daunted by this response it was the visitors who were to once more to go into the lead when Louis Anderson linked up with Steven Camacho for him to provide a return pass to send Downey in on goal to score from close range.
Following the half time break so the hosts were to reappear in a positive fashion and saw them pull back the deficit after 52 minutes when a deep cross from the left by Callum McCarthy picked out Josh Beadle to volley the ball past goalkeeper Callum Hampton leaving the tie well in the balance. Unfortunately for them though it was Rusthall who should have got a reply soon after when following some neat build up play Adams sent in a goal bound shot only for home defender Ryan Croucher to produce a remarkable effort in keeping the ball from crossing the line. Possibly this proved to be a turning point of the game when very soon after, Beadle and Bobomurodov were able to set up a path on goal by James Bessey-Saldannha to fire home into the net and put his side in front for the first time of the afternoon. With half hour though still remaining so play continued to be a close affair. However the real turning point came in a bizarre way when Peter Williams found himself on the left bye-line to send over a cross under the bar only for Hampton to mis-hadle the ball and agonise at seeing it fall into the back of net. As the clock ran down now and the game virtually won, after 88 minutes Bessey-Saldannha picked up the ball from deep to run on goal to force a save from Hampton before being able to seize the rebound score and seal the result.