Match Photo's

Second X1 vs Thanet Utd

Match Date: 07 September 2019
Score: 5-1

For the second game of the season we prepared for a
thrilling and difficult contest against new members of the Kent county League
Thanet United Reserves. We knew it was going to be a welcome challenge so we
ensured that we went with a strong eleven, we were lucky to be graced with
first teamers Pete Williams and Andrew Foster who gave us plenty of experience
and quality which oozed and gave confidence to their team which helped fill the
void of an absent Captain and Vice-Captain in Harry Collins and Chris Carcary.

We moved the ball around well and constantly allowed
ourselves to make chances, the team worked as a collective unit and made sure
that they were composed and moving for each other to help dominate possession.
Jake constantly receiving the ball with simple one two play to amass
approximately 90 touches and 80 passes constantly supplying support for his
back line and two midfielders in front of him.

The first goal came from an ever persistent Pete Williams
who worked hard and was treated to a ball which bounced into the feet of our
poacher who tucked it away to bring the game to 1-0. We then found ourselves in
a much more comfortable position and Ben C Smashed the ball down the pitch
which went over the back line into the feet of Pete Williams to put him through
again, with a touch which we weren’t sure if intentional or not, nutmegs the
goalkeeper to put him through to an open net to tuck away a second goal and put
a even stronger hold on the tie. Thanet United then made sure to bounce back
before the end of the half and put a well worked attack through to get themselves
a goal which helped bring them back into the game.

Half time came and with that a few changes were made, on
came the maestro Shaun Dowling for Pete Williams, Miroslav for  Harry Evans who was still returning to full fitness
after struggling with Shin Splints and Oliver Wells who came on for Brodie
Fernandes. All three subs made an impact and brought a different dimension to
the game, Miro was played in not long after the second half had started and
tucked it away in the bottom right corner to make it 3-1 and to once again
provide breathing room for a well deserving Bearsted Side.

The game started to settle down and we continued to dominate
possession but never really threatened anymore and just looked to keep the ball
and tick the clock away until we were awarded 
a free kick roughly 22 yards away from goal, up stepped our young Center
back Fraser Daniels who had been screaming for weeks to take a free kick, over
the wall and in the top right corner the keeper was left stranded as Fraser
scored a scorcher. This then reignited a fire in our team again and we began
peppering chances at the keeper, Bearsted’s number 9 Phoenix Ward through on
goal and scored but was ruled offside much to the spectators disapproval.

Then in the last 15 minutes we were awarded another freekick
and of course Fraser was not going to share the opportunity as he had just
scored one he knew he could score another, this time going the other way up and
over the wall to once again leave the goalkeeper in no mans land.

All in all it was an excellent display from the team with
many contenders for man of the match, the team voted for Jake Sanger who
controlled everything in the middle of the park.

Line up: Ben C, Rhys Powell, Fraser Daniels (James Benge)
Andrew Foster, John Turner (Bart Baranowski) Jake Sanger, Brodie Fernandes
(Ollie Wells), Harry Evans (Miro Dimitrovski) Pete Williams (Shaun Dowling),
Roan Ferguson, Phoenix Ward