Match Photo's

First Team vs Beckenham Town

Match Date: 26 September 2020
Score: 4-3

Kevin Stevens newly formed squad for this season, continued their steady progress, coming away from much fancied Beckenham Town with a well-deserved 3 points.
The Bears' as always started full on, not giving the home side too much time or space to settle.
With a stuttering home side trying to get any foot hold in the game the Bears' grew in confidence and it was no real surprise when on 20 mins Jon Rogers fed Harrison Hatful a great pass to the right wing where Harrison surged to the bye line and picked out Andy Irvine in the penalty area to smash home an unstoppable left foot drive from 12 yards, 0 - 1.
The Bears' were now really dominant with the home side still struggling to make any impact on the proceedings. It was during this period when the Bears' Jon Rogers broke through the home side back line and took the ball into the penalty area where he pushed the ball passed the keeper who then took Rogers feet away, to every one watching expecting a penalty to be awarded, the referee decided otherwise and booked Rogers for diving.
Fortunately not long after, Rogers was to get his revenge when on 38 mins he drove home from 15 yards into the left hand bottom corner, 38 mins, 0 - 2.
The visitors were now cruising towards half - time but had a wakeup call when Joe Nwoko 45 mins was able to score and make it 2 - 1 at half time.
The second half had barely started, but with the Bears straight on the attack and producing some great passing particularly with David Baranowski having a fine game and orchestrating a fine ball to Joel Wakefield who produced a great left wing cross to the far post on to the head of Andy Irvine who powered home to give the Bears a 3 - 1 lead.47 mins.
The second half saw the home side still unable to produce what we all know they are capable of and the game became somewhat scrappier with the Becks getting frustrated, and the ref's patience being tested.
There wasn't much goal action during this period and as the final whistle was looming David Baranowski scored a 4th goal for the Bears' when he fired home an unstoppable 25 yard drive, 88 mins 1 - 4.

As is with football, the Becks went straight on the attack from the re-start, and some poor Bears; defending allowed the home side another goal 89 mins 2 - 4. (Tyrone Pink)
Once again soon after restart the Becks attacked down their left wing and the player was dispossessed (fairly) and after the player dived screaming, the referee awarded Beckenham a free kick, which they scored from. 91 mins (Tyrone Pink) 3 - 4 Full time.
A good performance from the Bears, with a score line that did not show a true reflection of the game.
Thankfully some of the questionable refereeing decisions didn't cost the Bears' the three points that would have been a grave injustice.

Dan Smith, Harrison Hatful, Lekan Mayjoyegbe, Adsina Luqman, Tom Penfold, Callum McCarthy, Jon Rogers, Stephen Hafner, Andy Irvine, David Baranowski, Joel Wakefield.

Jez Hammond for Stephen Hafner
Cameron Croucher
Jordan Ababio
Constantin Scarlett for Andy Irvine
Lucian Scarlett for Joel Wakefield.